Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mr. Ralston

While working in The Hellmouth one of our regulars, and later a café employee, was a hugely flamboyant and utterly hilarious fella named Buddy. He was as gay as a parrot flying from a tree in Liberace's garden and was loved by everyone who met him. Once a few of us were chatting about something funny that Buddy had done the other day and we must have mentioned his boyfriend or something when Jared said seriously, "Buddy's gay? Huh...wow. I had no idea." The next day when Buddy came in to work I said, "Oh my God, Buddy, Jared didn't know you were gay!" I can still see Buddy's expression at this. He paused, clearly in shock, mouth literally agape and quietly stammered, "Am I doing something wrong? How could he not know?" Honestly, I have no idea. Buddy was a hairstylist who wore eyeliner, glitter, and occasionally a skin tight girl's Wonder Woman t-shirt. I mean Jesus knew Buddy was gay, and I'm fairly certain that they've not met.

1 comment:

Cerpts said...

Wait. . .Buddy was gay?!?!?!?

Where Youse At?