Friday, April 13, 2012

Slider & Iceman

Sandy, the sweet 40-something gal who worked up at Customer Service radioed to the Grocery Department and I answered the call. It went as follows:
"Hey Sandy, whatcha need?"
"Hey, can you check the back for Cloud Star Buddy Biscuits in Peanut Butter?"
"Sure, I did place an order, so let me check if they came in. Call ya right back."
I went to the stockroom and the order had not arrived. I then went to the nearest phone and responded,
"That's a negative, Ghost Rider."
This is a phrase that my brothers and I have worked into our daily speech simply because we watched Top Gun incessantly while growing up. For the first time in my life, I met someone who knew the proper response and I freaked out. Sandy answered back,
"Roger that, I'll clear the flight pattern."
That simple sentence bonded us permanently. She actually bought me a copy of the soundtrack and every time I hear Teena Marie's Lead Me On I can't help but think of Sandy. After that day she became known as Iceman and I was Slider.

No comments:

Where Youse At?