Monday, January 12, 2009

Paul Newman

"It really is a throw-away society, isn't it? I mean, you throw away everything. You throw away your institutions, you throw away your faith in Congress or The Supreme Court; marriage, church. And everything is under attack. You throw away, for the most part, bottles, cans; you litter roads and you throw away wives, children, careers, whatever. So we recycle all the bottles, we recycle all the things. We try to fix the toaster instead of throwing it away and when we get into trouble, we try to fix it."

(i don't know who took this photograph, but it's lovely.)

4 comments:

Cerpts said...

I took the photograph. I they STILL haven't paid me!

All I got was a bottle of Newman's Own Ranch Dressing.

And I can't eat ranch dressing.

Star said...

i shoulda known it was your phenomenal photographic skills at work!
and ranch dressing is gross! i'm fond of thousand island, of which i've been told is 'ugh, so 70s!' clearly, tis was said by someone who had poor taste.

Cerpts said...

Actually I'm watching my girlish figure so I only eat 1000 Island dressing that's half the calories: you know, they call it 500 Islands.

Bishop said...

oh, the HOTNESS!

Where Youse At?