Sunday, January 11, 2009

Robin Thicke's Number One Fan

One evening at Bishop's we were kicking it back watching VH-1 Soul. Suddenly a smooth, sassy gent came on singing "Lost Without You." Bishop's eyes glazed over and he went into a trance as we listened to the over-the-top lyrics like,
"Tell me how you love me more
And how you think I'm sexy baby...
You wanna touch yourself when you see me
Tell me how you love my body..."
I mean, no one is more of a music snob than Bishop, so I had to question this sudden adoration. Robin Thicke is pretty as all get out, and he sings like a songbird, but that does not warrant this giggly schoolgirl reaction from my nearest and dearest. When I asked what the hell he was thinking when he listened to this sappy love song, he replied, "He could be singing about beets and brussel sprouts and I wouldn't care." Well, there you have it.

2 comments:

Bishop said...

mr. thicke is one of those rare talents that just makes me want to cream myself. sorry for being vulgar.

Pax Romano said...

for this I sacrificed thirteen years of my life ... my lawyer will be contacting you, "bishop" in the morning.

Where Youse At?