Friday, September 17, 2010

Catholic School Blues

Last night Fr. Michael and I were reminiscing about grade school, he was several years beneath me, and he told me of a certain nun who taught after I had moved on to Junior High. Her name was Sister Bernice and she was, according to Michael, thee worst teacher ever. Each time the class would have a test she would say, "Hmm...today's test will be open book. And it's okay if you wish to share with your neighbor." So basically every test was open book and you were allowed to cheat off of the person next to you. Ridiculous. Then Michael said, "When Sr. Bernice would get mad, she'd get all red in the face and start yelling like a football player." The fact that he referenced the intensity of her rage to that of an American football player had me laughing til I cried. I asked Xavier if he had Sr. Bernice and his texted response was, "Yeah. She was a real c-word."

No comments:

Where Youse At?