Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Name is Father Xmas and I'm an Alcoholic

After work last night I dashed over to Jane's place where she served mince pie and earl grey tea. (Earl Grey, hot, if you will.) My mum has been trying for decades to get me to drink tea and try some of my Nan's homemade mince pie. I would have none of it. But as a guest, I took the leap and good lord - what have I been thinking all these years? With my Irish blood how could I not love a good cuppa tay?
Being that Jane is from Lincoln, Lincolnshire, she schooled me on the British Christmas traditions, one such being that Santa is served sherry and mince pie on Christmas Eve. "He must be terribly disappointed when he arrived in America to find milk! I suppose when he is in England he's an alcoholic."

No comments:

Where Youse At?