Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Dark Knight Rises

I managed to watch the first eight minutes of The Dark Knight Rises before dashing off to meet Bishop at the theatre. I didn't like the first two Christopher Nolan Batmans so I had extremely low expectations for this one. Honestly, the only reason I really wanted to see it was because of Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, two actors whom I respect and adore. Bishop, and pretty much every other male I know, raved about DKR. I was skeptical at best.
In the theatre, walking beside Bish I said, "Okay, so I started watching the new Batman..." His eyes widened and he gasped, "Oh, don't you LOVE it?!! It's so sick." I replied, "All I can say is, as a woman who is not terribly feminine in any way, if I have ever questioned my gender in the past, after the first eight minutes of that film I am now completely certain that I am indeed female." He laughed and said in a heart broken voice, "You didn't like it?" "Nope. What is with the bad Sean Connery voice on Bane? And the in-flight blood transfusion?? I mean come on. It's rubbish." But I vowed to try and keep an open mind and get through the rest of the movie, which I did. With the help of some single malt scotch and several smoke breaks. I feel like if I were a guy in high school, this would be my favourite movie of all time. But I'm not. I think I need to re-watch Following or The Prestige to remind myself that Christopher Nolan is capable of writing excellent dialogue of which we can all be proud.

No comments:

Where Youse At?