Saturday, June 20, 2009

Katherine Meets Bill

With the recent departure of David Carradine, his name was brought up at dinner with Mama Rose & Katherine the other night. Katie is a HUGE fan of horror conventions. She loves to mingle with celebrities, with the hoity toity & hoi polloi of society. She's met everyone from Gwar to Judah Friedlander (love of my life) to "Desperate Housewives" hunk Nathan Fillion. Well, she being fabulous and I being her fabulous pal, on each of these jaunts she will bring me back a little something. At one event she had bought a small pin for me. While chatting up David Carradine and showering him with the perfect compliments of his career, she placed the pin on the table. After shaking his hand and purchasing an autographed picture, Katie said her goodbyes and moved on. This is when Mr. Carradine exclaimed, "Wait, Miss, don't forget your pin." Kate scurried back to the table & said, "Oh thank you! I bought this for my friend. It says "WWWWhhhhoooore!" Katie actually yelled the word whore in David Carradine's face. Presumably caught off guard, he said nothing and so she then felt the need to explain at great length, "Well, she's a big "Soprano's" fan - and so am I. It's so good. - and we always pretend to be Joey Pants' character from I think the second season? No maybe the third... Anyway, we imitate him and say 'She was a wwwwhhhhoooore, TONY!' and it's like a running personal joke for her and I so when I saw this pin, I had to get it. Not because she's a real whore or anything. It's meant to be a joke." He gave her a smile and handed it over. Only Katie could shout 'whore' at someone and have them find it charming.

4 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Ok but what does this have to do with Bill?

Star said...

i knew you would say that!! but remember, this is bill; not "bill from produce." there is a subtle difference. i would have put "katherine meets caine" but then you would have said "what does david caruso have to do with this?" catch 22, baby, and i can't win!

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Oh no, my dear, you are most definitely a WIN even if I still don't have a "Bill from produce" fix this week!

Star said...

your wish i my command...

Where Youse At?