Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fear Begins at The Workplace

Back at the Hellmouth when I worked the café, we had just hired a very strange girl for our newest barista. Str-ange. And this is me saying this, okay? So this chick, let's refer to her as Helga, well, she was working with our resident dredlocked hunk, who was not terribly crazy about Helga, her wardrobe, her neediness, or her overly enthusiastic behaviour. She turns to our café hotboy and says out of nowhere, "I have to take Mordecai to the doctor's after work today." His response? "Is that your bird?" I guess I find this so funny b/c Mordecai was actually one of Helga's roommates. She was living with a married couple who welcomed her in as the third party in their West Hollywood style sexual proclivities adventure. I don't wanna judge, but I met this couple. Looked like they just got rejected at a casting call for extras in a David Lynch film. These people were sideshow scary, ya know what I'm sayin'? I was grateful when she left and took her lovers with her.

6 comments:

Cerpts said...

Oh my Goth, I remember those three idiots!

Cheeks DaBelly said...

that wasnt lobster girls was it?

Star said...

oh god, they were awful, weren't they. i remember when mordecai came in and got me in a creepy hug and i can't remember who came over and told me to stay away from him. i think it was justin b/c he became slightly enraged, seeing my discomfort, and were threatening to "push his face in" if he tried that again. idiots indeed.

cheeks, who are the lobster girls???? i hope you aren't referring to lauren from the early days in the cafe, cuz she was awesome...

Cheeks DaBelly said...

ok sorry not girls, lobster girl and the only reason i refer to her as that is because the first time i saw her it was right around halloween and i asked cerpts if she was wearing a lobster costume and he told me that her hands were like that from a birth defect or something - maybe one of her parents lost bet with a demon on a lonely dark road 'round midnight; but i only call her that cause i don't know her name. i guess i could have asked if she was the chick with the f'ed up hands but well, you know that would have taken some class or at least some that is higher than the type I come equiped with.

Star said...

yup, that was lauren, i knew her before we worked at borders, so her hands weren't a big deal when i saw her there. she often times came off as hostile, but i think it was a front, y'know? as for you not having any class, i say pshaw! you gots class baby. at least in my book.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

aww shucks, thanks i'm all blushing now <:D

Where Youse At?