Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nick Drake Squared

Star: Hey, you know who I think you'll like? Nick Drake. I can make you a cd if you want.
Simon: Nick Drake? Does he wear a cape?
Star: What??
Simon: I dunno. Nick Drake. Sounds like the sorta guy that'd wear a cape.


A few months back Melissa was over and we were chillin' on my couch, catching eachother up on things when her cell rang. "Hmm...It's Bill [her ex who does not work in produce]...Do you mind if I take it?" She answers and this is what I hear: "Hi...Wait, what? What's wrong?....Did you check the kitchen table?....OHKAY, calm down. I don't have them. The last time I saw them you left them on the table for me to listen to but I forgot to take them...Bill...I'm sorry! Geez, did you check the living room?...Okay, well I don't know what to tell you...Fine...Okay. Bye." Click.
"What was that about?"
"I don't even know. He was flipping out yelling, 'Where the fuck are my Nick Drake cds?!! Melis, I wanna take a hot bath and listen to my fuckin' Nick Drake cds!!!!' He's out of his mind."
Rest assured, for we received a text twenty minutes later: "Found em." Well thank the Lord. I mean how can a grown man expect to take a hot bath without his Nick Drake cds. Weeks later when I tried to tease Bill he wouldn't have it, "What? A hot bath is only complete when Nick Drake is playing." Each his own, right?

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

I have found that a hot bath isn't complete without a copy of FRANNY & ZOOEY and with a wet washcloth over my head. . .to ward off brimstone. . .

Star said...

who aside from you would know the cure for warding off brimstone? this is why i love ya!

Where Youse At?