Thursday, October 8, 2009

CSI: New Jersey

Back when I lived at home, my first car was parked in the street and sadly, was the victim of a hit and run. The next morning my mother, my little brother, Xavier(who was about fifteen then), and I were out by the curb, surveying the damages. Xave said, "Hey, looks like a Cougar hit ya, Sis." Mama Rose furrowed her brow and scowled, "Oh, stop it, what are you even talking about?" Xavier matches her confusion and replies, "No, Ma, a Cougar, a Mercury Cougar, the car. Not a freakin' mountain lion." A proud gasp escaped Rose's lips as she exclaimed, "Oh my word! Can you tell that from the skid marks??" "Uh, no, Ma, the ornament from the grill is right there. That's Mercury's Cougar." "Oh. Well, that is still very observant of you, son." "Thanks, Mom. I do what I can."

No comments:

Where Youse At?