Saturday, January 16, 2010

Illuminating

Thursday with Michael, I was discussing how I once worked as a reviewer for an online candle company blog. I explained that towards the end it became increasingly difficult to find new ways to describe the product. I mean, how many times can you say aroma, fragrant, intoxicating, before you want to tear your own eyes from their sockets? This is when Michael mentioned starting a blog for a new online candle place - candlesfromcamden.com. The reviews on that page, Michael offered, would be short and to the point. They would read as such: "Shiiiit. Dis candle smells good as hell, niggee." I actually prefer that version because it contains the least amount of bullshit. Not that my reviews are bullshit, I am very honest, it's just that my thesaurus needs to create more options for scent and delicious because I've worn those two out within an inch of their lives.
(it should be noted that michael has not only been a resident of camden, but has worked in the city and with its people for close to a decade. i wanted it to be known that his comment came from a place of love and adoration, not prejudice and cruelty.)

3 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Cerpts tells me that that is not all you have worn out! Tee Hee - oh that's just horrible, I apologize immediately

Star said...

Are you referring to his knob??

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Prolly not cause I tink he wore'd that poor thing out all by his lonesome.

Where Youse At?