Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hostile much?

A few years back I was at my parents' and Mama was remarking that my father was overdue for a haircut. She offered her services, once again, to break out the shears and trim him up. He said no thank you, but she persisted and went on and on about how it's so simple and how she's cut the boys' hair and it would only take two seconds. Still he stood his ground and said that he would set up an appointment for this week. Unable to accept defeat, Mum pleaded and reminded him that there was no reason why he should pay someone to cut his hair when she was quite capable of carrying out the task herself. That apparently was the last straw because my father finally exploded and yelled, "What can I say! I'm gay for the barber! Now leave me alone about the damn haircut already!"

No comments:

Where Youse At?