Sunday, July 18, 2010

Slip & Slide

In my life I have achieved very little. However, I am proud to say that I have actually slipped on a banana peel. I shall repeat, I have seriously slipped on a banana peel - like in cartoons and vaudeville. This occurred a mere four days after I had declared to friends that seeing someone slip on a banana peel isn't funny, it's ridiculous and could never conceivably happen. I mean, how could someone not see a banana peel??? So, I was in the back room during my Aisle days when I saw a banana peel lying in the center of the floor. I chuckled and thought, "See, I was right cuz there it is and I didn't slip on it." I kicked it under the Penco shelving and went about my business. Not fifteen minutes go by and I'm walking with my boss beside those very same Penco shelves when, WHOOPS!, my heel hits the naner and I would have damn near busted my ass on the floor if Bob hadn't caught me at the last second. I then shouted, "I can't believe that just fuckin' happened! I totally slipped on a banana peel! I am Groucho freakin' Marx!" One of my proudest days...

2 comments:

emily rose said...

i wish i coulda seen that happen! did you laugh your ass off at the shear ridiculousness of it all???

Star said...

oh you know i did!

Where Youse At?