Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dated Humour

I recently found a print out of an email from my favourite uncle on my mother's side. It was sent to my brother Dave on January 8th 1997 just before Davy was to leave for Canada. At that time, he and Uncle John were big into cigar smoking so Davy wanted to inquire as to whether or not he should try to bring back some Cuban cigars. I found the email to be hilarious then as well as now. See for yourself:

Subject: Cubans Crossing Canadian Border

Don't do it. Inside sources tell me you'll never make it. The Royal Mounties take border banditos very serious. In other words, the likelihood of success is on par with winning the million dollar lottery, or Liz Taylor remaining single for more than a week, or Arnold Swazzennagger being cast as Pee-wee Herman in the movie biography, "Pee Wee, Leave That Alone."

No comments:

Where Youse At?