Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vehicle Misidentification III

Driving around Hawkins territory not long ago, I actually saw the Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino striped tomato drive right in front of me. I involuntarily started to shout, "OH MY GOD!!! The tomato! Zebra-3!!" I am a huge geek for Starsky & Hutch (Starsky was clearly my fave) and seeing the Torino right before my very eyes was totally incredible. Xave was riding shotgun and said, "I see those things everywhere." Sure he does. Marina - who is considerably younger than I - questioned why I called it a tomato and I explained that it was a Gran Torino from a TV show I watched as a kid. Her response, "Clint Eastwood is amazing."
About three hours later, Marina and I were driving through Pine Hill when she saw a car pass us and asked, "Is that a Gran Torino?" I answered no, not having the heart to tell her that it was an '85 Crown Vic. Her lack of knowledge in the arena of vehicle identification has provided me with hours and hours of laughter. Bless her heart for that.

No comments:

Where Youse At?