Thursday, May 6, 2010

Storytime

Tonight in the garage at Hawkins, Xavier, Marina and myself were listening as Wayne told us about his day, "At my job, specifically the area I work at, is very button-up and very conservative. Well, this woman in one of the other departments is a little rough around the edges and today she came over and said she had a story she wanted to tell us. Anytime someone says this, you immediately don't want to hear the story because if per chance it's mildly offensive, you don't want to be anywhere near the conversation because then you are considered guilty by association, y'know? Okay, so she comes over and tells me, 'My sister has a son with Down Syndrome, right? And he's a really sweet kid, but he's a big guy and he's really strong. Well, today she gets a call from Francis when she's at work saying that he found a leprechaun and that she needs to come home right away. So my sister says to stop playing and that he doesn't have a leprechaun but he insists that he does and so she leaves work to go home. My sister gets home and my nephew says that he caught a leprechaun and that it's in the closet. She looks at the hall closet and sees that Francis barricaded chairs and stuff in front of it. She moves everything, opens the closet and there's a midget in the closet.' Seriously," Wayne continues, "she said midget like right out loud. She said he was the census taker. I mean I was laughing but she's saying midget and census taker and I'm like, 'I've got work I need to do.' Man, it was pretty insane."
I personally, was doubled over laughing. I mean, forget the birth of Christ, this is the greatest story ever told.
Later, I got home and Fr. Michael came over. I told him the story and he was cracking up as well and then he got very serious and stated, "Well, it's lucky that boy didn't kill that poor man. I mean, honestly, he may have thought the man was a goblin. That telephone call could have been Mom, I killed a goblin, you know?" I seriously peed my pants a little when Michael said goblin.
(i'd like to note that wayne listed census taker along with midget as if saying census taker is as offensive and degrading as the term midget.)
(dang! apparently this gal was havin' a laff with wayne. he later informed me that this was a big ole hoax. i honestly could care less b/c it provided me with some much needed laughter!)

No comments:

Where Youse At?