Thursday, September 8, 2011

Delicious Decisions

Fr. Michael and I went to Lena's this past weekend to get some homemade ice cream. The kids that work there have a tip jar that says Tips for College. While awaiting his sundae, Michael asked where the young ladies were intending to go to school. One was planning to study holistic medicine and massage therapy at a nearby institute while the other girl was hoping for a career in engineering. As we walked toward the car, Michael said, "Kids today are so intelligent. They have such a firm grasp on their future and what career choices they should be making. Me? 'Um, yes, I think I'll study religion and get my masters degree in theology so that I can work in the fitting room of The Gap at age twenty-nine.' Jesus wept! The choices I've made for myself often have me questioning my intellect and if I indeed have any at all."

No comments:

Where Youse At?