Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bday Discussion

Today Bishop and I were talking about our childhood and teenage crushes. In grade school my crush was the über dreamy Michael J. Fox. I loved him on Family Ties and no one was cooler than Marty McFly in Back to the Future. Even now, some (oh my god!) twenty five years later, he's still cool, still handsome as ever, and just an all around great guy. Bishop, on the other hand, said his main squeeze was Roger Taylor of Duran Duran. Bishop would sit in his room and daydream about all the adventures they'd have together someday. We then moved on to older crushes. In high school Bishop went nutty over Andy Fletcher from Depeche Mode while I was completely in love with Eddie Vedder. So much so in fact, that I was devastated (you know how dramatic teenage girls can be) when I read that he was to be married. Bishop chuckled when I shouted, "THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME!! HE WAS MEANT TO MARRY ME!!!!" At the time, I really was upset. I was a huge loser (read: outcast) throughout most of grade school and all of high school and spent a majority of my time dreaming of better days to come when Eddie Vedder would find me and together we would make beautiful music together. (Sounds like the making of a classic Carpenters' song, eh?) Anyway, Bishop responded to my cries of despair with, "That bastard. He tore your heart right out, didn't he?" To which I added, "Yeah, tore it out, threw it in a blender, drank it, then regurgatated it and fed it to baby birds."
(I'd like to add that I am, and have been for quite some time, totally over Mr. Vedder. However, Bishop still holds a very large torch for Roger. Look out Mrs. Taylor, there's a strapping young hunk lookin' to steal your man.)

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

And your school days dreaming of better days to come were finally rewarded ten fold when you married me!

Cerpts said...

See how things work out.

Star said...

how true!! marriage to you is still the best decision i ever made! i mean, does eddie vedder own orange all star hi-tops?? i sincerely doubt it.

Bishop said...

Yeah, tore it out, threw it in a blender, drank it, then regurgatated it and fed it to baby birds.

LOVE IT!

Star said...

i do it all for you, bishop!!

Where Youse At?